• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyo

Staff member
Geographical Whereabouts
A GENERAL DISCUSSION

Hey everyone,

Moving on with the server's development, we had a discussion regarding the geographical whereabouts of our lovely Kingdom of Flintwhenia. We aim to roleplay a stand-alone island, a sovereign monarchy, on either the southern coast of England or Germany's northern coast. We'd like to hear your opinion on this as our community should have a voice for the setting of our server.

Which one would you like more? We're also open to any other interesting possible locations and would love to hear out more.

Ruskie

Staff member
Supporter
I believe that the southern coast of England gives the island access to a bunch of diverse known and popular cultures as opposed to the northern option. That results in more leeway in what factions fit Flintwhenia.

Jakey

I would personally like to see us roleplaying a kingdom near the coast of England, since it gives more opportunities for a diverse and unique roleplay.

The Chief

I'd have to mirror that stated above. The southern coast of England is my preferred option as it is the more diverse when it comes to culture.

Kushin'

I agree about us being on the coast of England. England would be the easier option. In the sense that most people probably would have an easier time immersing themselves. Since we all speak English plus the huge ammount of source material on the 'Medieval England' setting that's available to draw inspiration from. Documentaries, history shows to books, games, movies and series, ect.

Capt.

Yeah, Southern England all the way.
  • It fits the RP language, the names of towns, people and etc.
  • Like mentioned above, there's a wide array of cultures to pick from with the normans, saxons, danes (vikings) and a few others all frequenting England in that time period.
  • A smaller kingdom appearing in 11th century England, based on an alternate timeline, is also historically very plausible, since England during that time lacked strong central rulership was divided between and composed of a multitude of different smaller kingdoms anyway.

Rusu

I'm biased towards England because the character I'm planning to roleplay comes from Strathclyde, and it would make much more sense for him to be there.
That being said, if we were to pick Germany as a geographical setting, the kingdom would undoubtedly be influenced (or even a part of) the Holy Roman Empire, giving the players an extra headache to deal with, seen as the HRE had some of the most complex politics of its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.