Welcome to the Community Update, June 2019 Edition.
We've been abstaining from doing these as we've all been busy with reorganizing and restoring our teams, structure and other BTS stuff. However, a matter of fact is, these community updates were and still are a symbolic entity for this project and that's why we're making a June 2019 Edition.
This month alone has indicated the start for long hours of contribution, we haven't hesitated to make the best of our free time. The work ethic has been steady and we have produced several new things throughout the weeks. Below, as previous community updates - we highlight the work produced, split into sections. There'll also be a dev-notes that consists of the stuff developer's have accomplished and what more we're planning to do.
- The Development team has been working on a few new features and polishing up existing systems.
- The Environment team has been also working on a few semi and minor scale mappings and some models, they'll be listed in the section below.
- The Loremaster team has been structuring a wiki-like site with quick-access pages and an organized plethora of useful contents for you to read through. It's still in progress and will be announced when officially done.
We're also considering to bring new developers, mappers/modders, and loremasters aboard, if you're interested, let us know.
The Environment Team have worked on a new, small town around the area of Angel Pine. It features a small creek of houses, a church, several entrances, and farming fields. They've also worked on some misc stuff, a cathedral, several interiors, of which one is done as recorded on this day - the bakery. The team is working on a few more interiors and one more town soon.
Ragnar Misc additions
On ww-rp we experienced the problem with people spawning in and not knowing what to do. For this reason, we added an elaborate tutorial and are adding a 30 step task system so people can get acquainted with the server.
The /alias script is a sure fine way to prevent metagaming. Since there will not be nametags above player heads like on other roleplay servers, everybody will be a stranger to you at first. You have to interact with them until you get to know the name they give you. When that's done, you can /alias their id and give them a tag you'll remember them by. All the /aliases you have will be stored so you don't have to re-do the command for a person you've met already.
Horse System Improvements
May ~ June Notes — Dignity
- The tutorial system is added and finished. this explains the core of the server functionality
- The horse system is revamped, its no longer laggy in turning and no longer bounces around
- (there is now a system in the horse script taking account of ping and giving you different velocity/turn values to combat desync)
- Made it so you no longer get frozen upon logging in for player fluidity. the script only loads the most "important" libraries. Players can use /reloadanims to force load all animations (this prevents users having to do the animation twice for it to show up)
- Made it so you can now select a spawn point similar to how rc-rp does it, this will be reworked though
- Added all existing maps in-game
- Removed the inventory system, drafted a new design